lunes, 7 de mayo de 2012

My Personal Experience

First day in India


What I am about to write down here, is my first day in India wich, in short words, was really good.


I first arrived to New Delhi's airport at 23:30 after a 5 hours flight from London, England. I had a very confortable seat, noone next to me that could possibly bother me in any way and a 4 hours sleep that would help me to take the best from this experience.


As the website assured me, someone was waiting for me at the airport to take me to my destination : a very nice hostel I found in a touristic guide and very recommended by many of my friends that visited India in the past.


As I expected, the hostel was as beautiful as a 30$ per night hostel could be... but beautiful for my expectations. As fast as I arrived, I left, to visit the old bazaars of the city that are really exciting in the night. I managed to look at every single shop in there and bought a very good looking "sari" for my mother (wich is a traditionnal clothe made in silk and wore by women in India) and turbans for my brother and father (even if I didn't really expect them to wear them).


After I left the bazaar, I started looking at the imposing Taj Mahal wich, at night, unlike european monuments, is illuminated by not many lights, that creates an effect of natural constructions and makes you believe you are in the times of that construction. That illusion makes you be unable to stop staring at it for several minutes... amazed. Then I realized that I was going to visit it on the afternoon, the next day. So I decided to come back to the hostel and enjoy a home made meal made of "macher jhol" wich is made of rice and cooked fish with a delicious taste. 

Undoubtedly, the best night of my life.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario